Monday, May 10, 2010

Dress Yourself Like Pep Guardiola

Let's make this short. I am a Catalan-American with a love of FC Barcelona and a love of dressing well. Naturally, the young, smiling, well-dressed (barring some experimentation) Pep Guardiola is an icon to me. So, the theme of the blog.

But really, that is just the jumping point. I want to take back the spotlight from the rock stars in tattered shirts and the athletes with no fashion sense, and put it back on men who reflect the grace and sense of a gentleman, without the stodginess of generations past.

With every post that features something I like stylistically, I will try to (do my best!) elect the pieces one would need to own to build it, and I will try to do it as moderately priced as possible. After all, I am just a broke post-graduate myself.

But lack of money does not really limit you too much if you are thrifty and creative. Also, keep in mind that the big chain, off-the-rack stores are often your worst option. At the $100 dollar or more price tag for the shirts you buy at some of these stores, you could have had a tailor custom fit you for a dress shirt made of much higher quality material and with much better craftsmanship.

Enough talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment